Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pita bread. Pitabrot. خبز البيتا


This is nearly my first successful bread recipe! I took it from a dear friend "Naglaa" who loves baking & who is "for me" a bread expert :) This is an adictive no fail recipe , I did it 4 times in one week & we eat it hot as soon as it gets out of the oven without even filing it! my kids loved it & so did I !!! Hope you all try it beause I'm sure you will like it a lot :)


Ingredients: ( 8 Pitas )

3 cups all purpose Flour ( nearly 500 gm )
1 Teaspoon instant yeast
about 1 1/4 cups warm water
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoons Sugar
2 Tablespoons Oil

Directions:

Activate the yeast by dissolving it in 1/4 cup war water & 2 teapoon Sugar & leave it few minutes till it's frothy.
In a large bowl ,mix all dry ingredients then add the frothy yeast & mix.
Add the rest of the water gradually till you have a smooth non sticky dough. (you might need some more water ).
Knead the dough well for around 8 minutes.
Brush your bowl with Oil & cover your dough with a thin layer of Oil & leave in a warm place for an hour till it doubes in size.
After doubeling in size divide your dough into 8 equal parts & start rolling out each part on a lightely flouered surface into circles not too thin nor too thick about 1 1/2 cm thickness.
Leave them to rest for 10 minutes.
Preheat your oven to 220°C for at least 15 minutes then bake your Pitas in the lower rack for around 5 minutes till they "Puff".

Enjoy the hot Pitas with your favourite filling.

Tip: Pita bread should stay white in color & soft , so don't over bake it otherwise you'll have hard pitas.



Puffy Pitas just out of the oven!
Aufblähne Pitas direkt vom Ofen!
خبز البيتا مباشرةً بعد الخروج من الفرن 

My Tuna filling :)
Meiner Tunfisch füllung :)
مع حشو التونة 


Pitabrot 

Zutaten: 

3 Tassen Mehl ( ca. 500 g )
1 TL Hefe
1 1/4 Warmes Wasser
2 TL Zucker
1/2 TL Salz
2 EL Öl

Zubereitung:

Die Hefe im 1/4 Tasse Wasser mit 2 TL Zucker auflösen & 10 minuten lassen.
In einer große Schüssel alle trockene zutaten geben & Die hefe im wasser geben & mit den händen oder besser mit einer küchenmachine kneten.
Das Wasser graduell geben & ca. 8 minuten kneten.
Den Teig & Schüssel mit Öl streichen & ca. 1 stunde in warmen Ort gehen lassen.
Dann den Teig in 8 gleich große stücke teilen , jeweils eine kugel rollen & auf bemehlte blech ausrollen zu einem 1 1/2 cm dicken fladen formen & ca. 10 minuten lassen.
Backofen auf 220°C ca. 15 minuten vorheizen.
Im backofen das backblech auf die untere stuffe legen & das brot 5 minuten backen.
Pita sollte weich & hell , leicht aufgebläht & innen hohl sein.




خبز البيتا 

المكونات : 3 أكواب كبيرة دقيق (حوالي ٥٠٠ جم) / ١ ملعقة صغيرة خميرة فورية / ٢ ملعقة صغيرة سكر / ١/٢ ملعقة صغيرة ملح / ١ ١/٤ كوب ماء / ٢ ملعقة كبيرة زيت

الطريقة : ذوبي الخميرة في الماء مع السكر واتركيها حتى تصنع فقاقيع 
اخلطي المكونات الجافة ثم ضيفي إليها الخميرة والماء تدريجيا أثناء العجن (ممكن إضافة كمية أخرى من الماء ) استمري في العجن باليد أو العجنة حوالي ٨ دقائق حتى تصبح العجينة لينة ثم ضيفي الزيت إلى طبق غويط واتركي فيه العجينة لمدة ساعة حتى تختمر
قطعي العجينة إلى ٨ أجزاء متساوية ثم افردي كل جزء على شكل دائرة سمكها حوالي ١ ١/٢ سم واتركيها حوالي ١٠ دقائق للراحة ثم سخني الفرن على ٢٢٠ درجة تقريبا لمدة ١٥ دقيقة ثم داعي الخبز على الرف السفلي في الفرن حوالي 5 دقائق حتى ينتفخ 

خبز البيتا خبز أبيض و طري فيجب ألا تتركيه كثيراً في الفرن حتى ينشف*

7 comments:

  1. Yout photos transported me to the smell of the freshly baked bread :) Amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those Beauties !!! It can't get any better,Mashaa'Allah. I just love them,You shouldn't fear working with yeast from now on :) Can't thank you enough for your sweet ,kind words my darling. Love you so much <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So darn delicious... mmmmh, I'm getting hungry! =)

    Best,
    Steffi
    http://www.holzstich.blogspot.de <--- my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a lot of great recipes on what to stuff into pitas, but I keep finding myself disappointed with the pita bread I buy at the grocery store. It typically tastes stale to me. Now I preferred pita bread made at home by pita bread oven. So, I am definitely going to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My life entirely changed when I met Loan credit institutions post by chance on internet! about how they are giving good loan online at 2% and i decided to ask for a loan as soon as possible. You must ignore all these loan lenders, because they are all SCAMS…real SCAMS…i was a victim of which i was ripped thousands of dollars… But ( loancreditinstitutions00@yahoo.com ) whatsapp: +393512640785.
    approved my loan for just 2% within 48 hours after meeting up to their necessary requirements, and my loan was deposited in my bank account without collateral.

    I advise those who has tried everything possible and had lost hope on how to borrow Money from Bank or seek for a loan to boost your business and had lost hope to contact (loancreditinstitutions00@gmail.com) Whatsapp: +393512114999. I completely trust them and please do not hesitate to contact them.

    mohammed ward sent from my ipad

    ReplyDelete